Word 2007 - Bullet is changing font style - How do I permanently remove Font Style i.e. Bold, Regular etc. from Bullet Profile?

Bullet is changing font style - How do I permanently remove Font Style i.e. Bold, Regular etc. from Bullet Profile?

I am editing an already typed document and have changed the bullet from a circle to a square bullet. I have also changed the alignment.

This is 50/50 going well.

The problem is that the Bullet Style is saving the font as 'regular', when it is a mix of regular and bold text;

Example

• This is an example of set out.

Sometimes it leaves the text as originally formatted, sometimes it doesn't, and it is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

I have already right clicked the saved Bullet Style and deleted 'regular' from the font type, but it keeps coming back.

Does anyone have a permanent solution for this? Would be very much appreciated.

Updating a paragraph style, which Word uses to incorporate the changes to bullet or number settings into the paragraph style, incorporates all settings at the cursor position as well.   What I do is try to remember to position the cursor in an unembellished area. If I haven't remembered or if Word updated automatically,  I reupdate the style with the cursor in an unembellished position. 

Pamelia Caswell

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 487 Applies to: