"Search Commands" Feature

Hello,
I lost my "Search Commands" feature that came from Office Labs. Now, when I try to download again,  I get an UN-Install for "Search Commands".
How do I get it back?
Thanks
Frank G C
Answer
Answer
I had Command Search already installed here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office Labs
I followed the instructions below to get the Search Commands active again:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/enable-or-disable-add-ins-in-office-programs-HA010034127.aspx#BM2

Word
    Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, click Word Options, and then click Add-Ins.
    In the Add-ins box, identify the add-in that you want to enable or disable and note the Add-in type located in the Type column.
    Select the Add-in type in the Manage box and then click Go.
    Select or clear the check box for the Add-in that you want enable or disable and then click OK.

Excel
    Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, click Excel Options, and then click Add-Ins.
    In the Add-ins box, identify the add-in that you want to enable or disable and note the Add-in type located in the Type column.
    Select the Add-in type in the Manage box and then click Go.
    Select or clear the check box for the Add-in that you want enable or disable and then click OK.

These steps worked OK for Excel because the add in was inactive.

In  Word the Microsoft Office Lab Search add in was disabled so it first had to be changed to inactive by selecting it, Check it and chose  Disabled Items from the Manage drop down list > then GO > then OK > then close and reopen Word. Now it was in Inactive. Therefore the steps above to make it active worked.

Frank C
HP Envy with Windows 10
Dell studio laptop Win Vista Premium 32 bit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2022 Views 263 Applies to: