PDF file name can not be fully displayed when inserted as object in word 2007 but can in PPT 2007

I am using Windows XP and Office 2007. I tried to insert a PDF file with name"DE PasQu - Worldwide Site Code" in word 2007  following insert-object-create from file-display as icon checked but only "DE PasQu - Worldwide Site Co" can be displayed.  I inserted the same file sucessfully before but no idea why it does not work this time.

What I have done:

1. tried to insert the same PDF as object in excel 2007 and PPT 2007 under Windows XP, the file name can be fully displayed.

2. Tried on Wins 7, Office 2010, same results as what i tested on Wins XP, office 2007.(file name can not be fully displayed in Word)

3. Tried to copy the file, paste special as Acrobat Adobe Document, same result.

Can anybody help with this? I'd also like to know if it is possible to change the fonts and letter format, say Calibri 11. Thanks.

Answer
Answer

The PDF file name can be fully displayed after I changed the language for non-Unicode programs from PRC Chinese to English US under Advanced- regional and language settings and rebooted my machine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 1,457 Applies to: