opening Word causes Office configuration

Whenever I open my MS Word program, I get a screen that says "Please wait while Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 is configured. Configuration Progress...configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007."  Then MS Word is opened and operates normally.

I have already tried the following to no avail:

1) Opened Control Panel, Programs and Features, Selected Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, Selected Change, Selected "Repair" for Change your installation of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.  Repaired MS Office Enterprise 2007.  Rebooted computer.

2) MS Word, Word Options, Resources: Ran Microsoft Office Diagnostics - Diagnostics run: 5, Diagnostices that identified problems: 0, and Diagnostices that took corrective actions: 0.

The problem is recent and occures upon each try to open MS Word.  I have run Office 2007 without incident for over two years.

MS Excel, MS Access and MS Outlook open without any issues.

Running Windows 7

Answer
Answer

Follow the manual method in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528748 but as you are using Office 2007, you will have to changethe command to:

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

I agree with Herb's comment of last February--you're a real MVP. Tried other suggested cures that didn't work, thankfully yours did.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Follow the manual method in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528748 but as you are using Office 2007, you will have to changethe command to:

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2023 Views 22 Applies to: