Need to combine several protected documents into one continuous multi-page document

Hello,

I need to combine several protected WORD documents into ONE continuous mufti-page document.

I am using Microsoft Word 200\7.  Documents I need to combine are password protected and must remain that way.

Documents were created with most recent version of Microsoft Word (but that should make no difference).

Due to protection on documents, I am unable to copy/paste identical format into new word document.

So, any ideas on how to accomplish what I need to do?  Am I attempting the impossible?

Answer
Answer

Which type of password protection is applied to these documents? Is it forms protection applied through the Review > Protect Document button, or is it a password to enable opening the document or one to enable editing?

For documents with forms protection, you can use the Insert > Object > Text from File command while the cursor is in the destination document. The content of the form will be inserted at the cursor, and it will be unprotected. The entire destination document must be unprotected until the last of the inserts is completed; then you can protected the whole document.

For the password to open the documents, there is no substitute for unprotecting the source document; until you supply the password, the document contents are encrypted. It would be possible to write a macro that will open each document using its password (which must be stored in or available to the macro) for the second or so needed to copy/paste it, and then close it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 1,329 Applies to: