need font in quick style to format as all lowercase

I'm using Word 2007 currently on a laptop running Windows XP SP3.  Will be moving back to my Windows 7 once the PC gets back from shop.  But my question remains the same for both systems.  I have a Quick Style that I need to set up so that when applied everything is lowercase.  I can't seem to find a way to set it up for that.  This style is for chapter headings and right now I get "Chapter one" and have to go back and set the C to lowercase manually.  Does anyone know if there's a way to do this?  All I can find under font format is all Strikethrough, Double strikethrough, Superscript, Subscript, Shadow, Outline, Emboss, Engrave, Small caps, All caps, and Hidden.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Answer
Answer
Sorry, I thought you were dealing with text that was already present in the document. If you want to prevent the automatic capitalization as you type, there are two equivalent ways to turn that off:
  • The next time any word is automatically capitalized, move the mouse over the capital letter. When you see a little blue rectangle under the letter, click it. In the menu that appears, click "Stop auto-capitalizing first letter of sentences".
  • Click the Office button, click Word Options, click Proofing, and click AutoCorrect Options. In the dialog, uncheck "Capitalize first letter of sentences". (The first way just unchecks the option without showing you the dialog.)

Either of these will prevent automatic capitalization of the first word of any sentence or paragraph, not just headings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2024 Views 2,322 Applies to: