my text is stuck in the left collumn sort of like a newspaper layout

so say if i type something, for example 'the dog went to the park', it can only fit 'the dog went to the' on one line and then it will go on to the next line and when it gets to the bottom of the page it doesn't cross over like it should if i have the newspaper like layout on it just continues on the next page, i want the text so it goes across the page like normal. iv looked at my margin settings and its on normal, my column settings are set to have one column. its never done this before it was working ok the last time i went on it can someone tell me whats wrong, thanks :)
Answer
Answer

See if there is a (large) right indent specified for the text (Paragraph group on the Page Layout tab).

Or you could try the following, even though it already appears that the document is set to use a single column: On the Page Layout tab, click Columns, and then click More Columns. Click the "One" option under "Presets" (again, do this even if the option already apperas to be selected), make sure that "Apply to" is "Whole document," and then click OK.

A third possibility is that a text box or shape is pushing the text out of the way. If you display text boundaries (File tab | Options | Advanced), you should be able to locate and delete the object.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 12,179 Applies to: