Multiple background colours - WORD

Hi everyone,

I need some help.

In Word, I have created a cover page and inserted a background picture.

My problem is that the background picture appears on all the following pages of my report and I only want the picture to appear on the cover page.

How do I correct that?

Thanking you in advance

Emilie

Answer
Answer

First, if you haven't already done so, insert a next page section break, and turn off "Link to Previous" for the header of the second section, as described in my first reply.

For the next step, you'll need a picture with the solid color that you want to use for the first page. You could create it in Paint. It only needs to be very small: it could even be 1 by 1 pixel (but that's hard to manipulate).

Insert the picture into the first section header, then resize and reposition is to fill the page. When you're done, move back to the body of the document. The color picture should sit behind the text.

---
Best wishes, HansV
https://www.eileenslounge.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Insert a next page section break at the end of the cover page. (Page Layout tab of the ribbon > Breaks > Next Page. (If you already had a page break there, you may have to remove that.)

Now go to page 2 and go into the page header. This should automatically activate the Design tab of the ribbon.

Click to unhighlight the Link to Previous button in the Navigation group.

You should now be able to delete the background picture from the second (and subsequent) pages while leaving it on the first page.

---
Best wishes, HansV
https://www.eileenslounge.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2023 Views 6,568 Applies to: