MS-word 2007 crashes on resizing of window

Hello,

I use Vista 32 bit  home premium OS with MS-Word 2007.  I have all the updates installed as of today and not a single update has been skipped.

Since the last few months - ie since some update was installed, which I update, I cannot tell - I have been noticing that when I resize the window on MS-Word 2007, Word crashes and in some cases, some of the tabs of Internet Explorer 9 also crash.

This is exactly how it happens:

1) I use a File Open.
2) I navigate to the specific folder on my C drive.
3) I try to increase the size of the window that is shown (which has the list of files).
4) Word restarts.
5) Sometimes along with Word, some tabs of internet explorer also kills some tabs.

In step one, I could use File save as but execute the same steps as above in 2 and 3 - and 4 happens (and may be 5 as well).

I have noticed that this happens only for word and not for excel, powerpoint or access.

Help - this is getting very frustrating!

Uttam
I also have this problem, not just with Word 2007 but also Excel 2007.  It's extremely frustrating!!!  It seems to happen mostly when I resize a window.  Sometimes it'll come back with my working file fully recovered but other times I lose all the work I did since the last SAVE.

Please tell me how to fix this problem.  It seems to happen progressively more often and it's causing a lot of problems.

Thank you!

Diane

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

See the KnowledgeBase article "How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921541?p=1

Or, try repairing the Office installation as detailed in the Knowledge Base article at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 341 Applies to: