Mail Merge with Labels is skipping records

I've set up a template with mail merge. I'm making place cards for a wedding, and so am using the labels function in mail merge to set them up.

The guest list is in excel, and when I import it to Word, all of the records show in the 'edit recipients list.' But when I complete the mail merge, it only prints 84 of the 140 names!

There is no "next record" command before the first label; next record appears before each of the other labels on the page.

Please help!!

Is there any pattern to the missing labels? 

Check to make sure that there are no blank hidden rows within the data source.  Or possibly a blank row with the row height reduced to the point that it is hard to detect.

If you want to send me the Mail Merge Main document, I will check it out.

You can decipher my email address from my signature or obtain it from my profile at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5846a56b-3e92-46d7-b5bf-4f65922e1f56?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=qna&forum=&filter=All&page=1&tm=1374543937262

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The "next record" command does not show up on the first label. One thing you can try:

before you finish the Merge click on “Edit Individual Labels” and fill in “From:” and “To:” with correct numbers. That has worked for me in the past. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 2,581 Applies to: