mail merge to pdf with windows 7

I am using windows 7 operating system and Word 2007.  I maintain quarterly reports for clients that, at the end of each period I was always able to print the batch to a pdf file for archiving and regulatory purposes.  The current Word 7 allows me to save an individual document as a pdf file but I cannot find a similar option in the mail merge print function.  How do I accomplish this type of batch conversion from word to a pdf file?
Word's mailmerge functions do not provide direct support for the creation of individual files. You can use Adobe's mailmerge Addin if you have Acrobat Pro installed (Version 8 is available as a free download from Adobe), or you could use a macro (see, for example: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/general-excel-discussion-other-questions/713478-word-2007-2010-mail-merge-save-individual-pdf-files-4.html#post3710126).
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Use the Merge to Individual Documents facility on MergeTools – 20140218 Add-in that you can download from the following page of my OneDrive:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5aedcb43615e886b#cid=5AEDCB43615E886B&id=5AEDCB43615E886B%21566

Save the file in the Word Startup folder.  In Windows Vista and Windows 7, 8, 8.1 the default location for that folder is

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

In Windows Explorer, you may need to use the Organize>Folder and search options>View tab of the Folder Options dialog and select the radio button for Show hidden files, folders, and drives

When you have done that, the tab shown below will be added to the Ribbon:

One thing to note is that the field names in your data source must contain only alphanumeric characters (No @,#,$,%,&,(,), etc) and the field names must not start with a numeric character (0-9).

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 222 Applies to: