Mail merge label printing problem

I am new to mail merging, but have walked through the steps and completed an address label merge using Excel 2007 and Word 2007. Everything looks right in the preview function, and the first page of labels (using Avery sheets of 3 rows by 10 rows) prints fine. On the second page, however, instead of printing from what should be record number 31, the merge prints from record number 2, and so on.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

You have not actually executed the merge, which you must do by selecting the destination via the Finish & Merge drop down in the Finish section of the Mailings tab of the ribbon.

If you select the Edit individual documents destination, that will produce a document with all of your labels in it so that you can check the output.  You can print from that document, or go back to the Finish and Merge facility and then set the destination to the Printer.

See the article “Mail Merge with Word 2007” on fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Doug,

Just what I needed, thanks a lot. I figured it was relatively simple, but just couldn't make it work.

I appreciate the quick, correct reply.

Dennis

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2022 Views 18 Applies to: