graphics and text on same page - can't copy all and paste

I do alot of flyers for our local volunteer organizations.  Using word 2003, I could group all the text boxes together, then select all and then copy and paste to my email server.  Now using word 2007 I can't "select all" to copy so now the graphics are not pasting into my email.  I do not want to do an attachment, since most of those I email prefer the flyer in the actual email.   I tried using the graphics as is or inside a text box. Same with the text, inside a text or outside. I have to use the graphics since many are the logos or letterhead of the group

So question is how can I get the complete flyer with graphics and text as a whole document to be pasted into an email.

Add the Send to Mail Recipient command to the Quick Access Toolbar.  When you use that, the active document will form the body of the email message.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes and no

I have a flyer that has graphics that I have overlaid with text boxes filled with words.  Both are in their own text boxes and I "order" them front and back...  I then shift key and click on each text box to group together.  After I do this, I used to be able to copy and paste right into AOL, which I would then send to a yahoo account and forward onward to the parents and such. 

The AOl is my personal account and the yahoo is one of the volunteer parent organizations I do this for.

Now I can't - doesn't even show up on the write mail window on AOL.  Yahoo doesn't work at all- never did.

I tried your suggestion - and it worked somewhat in Outlook 2007, but when sending it to a yahoo, aol or earthlink account, it came over as an attached image and only the two graphics showed and they were split up!  When sending back to an outlook user, the flyer was cut in some places, but that could be just margin issues, which I can check on my own.

I use both Outlook 2007 for a yahoo account and my personal AOL.  So I need to get my flyer sent to many different servers as is and not as an attachment.

HELP!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you save the document in Word 97-2003 format, can you then do it the way that you are used to?
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good morning

No it doesn't work, I tried.  It seems that the issue is using a Microsoft product in a non MS product.  Unfortunately I can't determine or dictate who uses Outlook.  :((

Anyway suggestions to make them compatible?

Also - do you know of any classes that are for Word 2007 users, intermediate level?  I think I could use them!

thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2024 Views 943 Applies to: