Compare Documents

I am using the compare documents feature in Word. I am comparing 2 versions of a Lease and making my additional changes to the combined document. The problem that I have is that the Lease is over 60 pages long and when I save the changes and take a break I cannot reopen to continue making the edits. I have to start a new combined document. Is there a way to reopen the original compare documents session so that I can just continue to make my edits?

Thank you for any help you can give!!

After comparing the document, save the result as a new file, then close all of the documents and then open the  new file and work with that,
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes that is what I do but the problem that arises is that now that compare document has to become 1 of the 2 documents that are compared. I need to be able to reopen the 2 versions of the lease and continue making changes on the compare document. I'm sorry I'm sure I'm not really explain it correctly. Its a little confusing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 49 Applies to: