Can't create PDF

Can't create PDF       
                Can't create PDF      

I am trying to convert a document to a PDF, using Vista SP2 and Word 2007. I can't find any way to do this by printing or exporting, so it has to be save as. When I try this, I get aessage saying

This file is in use by another application or user

Help explains that there may be a read lock on it. I am the only user and no other application was open.

I opened the file properties box and found it had been blocked. I pressed the Unblock button and tried again - same result. I also tried saving under a different name and copying the material into a new Word document, but got the same result on both occasions. I also tried to make a PDF from other Word documents, and the same occurred there.

I also have a laptop, and I find that will convert the same documents to PDF with great ease.

Possibly you have a pdf of the same name opened in Adobe Acrobat.  That would cause that error.

If that is not the cause of the problem, a work around would be to download and install the free PrimoPDF converter which will appear as a Printer and then use that to "print" the documents to a pdf.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 951 Applies to: