Can I auto-number the left column in Word 2007 to make a list of action points?

Hi All

I want to use a table in Word to log meeting minutes. The left column will be a category number, then sub-number, the middle column will be the detail and the right column will be the initials of the person responsible.

So far this is all being edited by hand, but what I'd like to do is set it so that when a row is inserted and numbered, all subsequent rows update. This is easily done for a straight 1, 2, 3..... list but I can't get sub-points (1.1, 1.2 etc) to work. Here is an example of what I'd like. Sorry for the redactions!

Thanks,
Paul.

Answer
Answer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community. We are glad to assist you with your concern.

As per the description provided, you would like to use a numbered list in tables.

Let us try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Highlight the column and then click on the drop down for numbering in the paragraph group and then click to select the type of numbered list required.

For sub level numbering click on the Multilevel list in the Paragraph group and then click on Change List level to select the next level.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance, you may reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 1,266 Applies to: