Automatically insert Quick Parts on all pages of a document

Hi

I have created a Quick Parts which places the address of our firm on the top right hand corner of a Word document.

For bulk document generation this needs to be placed on every page of certain documents and the amount of pages vary.

Is there a way of inserting the Quick Part automatically from page 1 to the end?

The quickest way I have found so far is to insert the Quick Part and then click on each page pressing F4.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Chris
Answer
Answer
This is normally done using a Header.

Insert (tab) > Header (button) > Edit Header
Type your company name or use the Quick Part which is probably a document property.

Sections / Headers and Footers in Microsoft Word 2007-2013

A header is used when you want text to appear at the top of pages. There are variations so that you can have a different header on the first page of a section, and different headers on even and odd-numbered pages. If you do not choose one of those variations, the header appears on all pages.

Even better, you may want to create a Word Template that has such a header and base your new documents (where you want the header) on that template. You could also save such a header as a Header Building Block so it would be available in all your documents.
Automated Boilerplate Using Microsoft Word
Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 783 Applies to: