Missing column from table in Pivot Table field

I have a table that is used as for reporting that I create numerous PivotTabels from. I have inserted a column in the table but when I insert the Pivot from the table, my new column is not given to me as an option in the PivotTable Field List. The only way I have gotten this to work is by removing the table formatting which I do not want to do. Any suggestions on what I'm missing here? Thanks in advance for any help with this!
Answer
Answer

You probably need to click Refresh.  The Pivot Table Field List does not automatically update.  Right-click the pivot table and choose Refresh

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire
Shane Devenshire

311 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Have you refreshed the pivot cache?  Try selecting all or part of yoru pivot table and pressing the red exclamation point.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

<wildcat97> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** .com...
I have a table that is used as for reporting that I create numerous PivotTabels from. I have inserted a column in the table but when I insert the Pivot from the table, my new column is not given to me as an option in the PivotTable Field List. The only way I have gotten this to work is by removing the table formatting which I do not want to do. Any suggestions on what I'm missing here? Thanks in advance for any help with this!

57 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 103,181 Applies to: