Kick people out of a database

Is there a way that to enter code in a database to allow me to kick people out of the database so that I can do work on it when I need to?  Currently the database is split and is located on a network connection.  I am currently using Access 2007.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan
Answer
Answer

Are you asking whether you can do something to disconnect the users? The answer's no: it has to come from their end, not yours.

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying. To have it only happen when you want (nothing to do with inactivity), you'd replace the given code for the form's Timer event with code that reads your Message table. If there's nothing in the Message table, the routine does nothing. If there is, you'd pop up a message to the user and log them off.

And realistically, you don't want to use a message box to notify them, because the message box will just stay open until they do something. You want to pop up a dialog form that's got a timer event in it to automatically close after a certain length of time.

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2024 Views 4,012 Applies to: