Microsoft Word 2003 as a 'System File'

Hello,

I use Microsoft Word 2003 

Recently I went to move a Word document file from one folder to another and received a pop-up stating, "Are you sure you want to move this system file? If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly"

I do not remember seeing this before whenever I did a cut and past to move a file.  

At this point I closed all opened Word documents opened a blank Word doc and performed a 'detect and repair'. It continues to open the same pop-up message. Nothing changed.

Should Word be a system file? What could be the issue? 

Thanks 

Shawn 

PS: I just went to open an existing word file and it opened a pop-up asking if I wanted to allow a

winword.exe - I said no for now.

Hi There!

So, this morning I went to open a Word document and again it opened a pop up for me to allow winword.exe. I said no.

then I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2003 from my computer - Cleaned and Defragged - re-installed Microsoft Office 2003 from my disks - installed updates.

It took an incredible 8 hours. Yep, no kidding, 8 hours.

I moved a word document just to see and it still calls it a "system file". It hasn't opened the winword.exe pop-up. Not certain if this is fixed. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

please close this thread

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2024 Views 477 Applies to: