How to see top/bottom margins in Print Layout view?

How can I see the top and bottom margins in Print Layout view and Whole Page zoom level?

I see them on one computer, but not on another (both Word 2003 SP3).  So I believe I unwittingly set a mode or option.

With Portrait orientation, I see left and right margins.  But not top and bottom margins.

The ruler shows an area of only 9 inches, yet the Paper height is 11 inches.  So I "know" the top and bottom margins will be 1 inch each, as I entered in Page Setup.

It just bothers me that I cannot see those margins on the display.

Any ideas?  Need more information (what)?

Answer
Answer

Option 1: move the mouse pointer to the top of the page until it changes to  then click.

Option 2: select Tools > Options..., and in the View tab, tick the check box 'White space between pages', then click OK.

---
Best wishes, HansV
https://www.eileenslounge.com

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The recreation of Normal.dot is what Word usually does. The one thus created is the same as if you had just instealled Word - no macros, customisations, etc. The presence of a Normal.dotm file suggests you've had a later version of Office installed.

Repairing Office, though it might not help, will eliminate that as a possible source of the problem. If you have had a later version of Office installed, that's an even greater reason for repairing Office 2003.

The other possibility with your errant document is that it has some forma of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2023 Views 847 Applies to: