Office 2003 Installation Error

Reposting with additional details:
In trying to reinstall OfficePro 2003 to my netbook, I keep getting an error message: "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."
Word and Excell installed just fine three months ago, but have recently quit working: Neither one will save a document, so I am trying to reinstall. Word automatically trys to reinstall with Error 1711, can not write to HDD. Excel Error: Can not open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or hdd space. NOT true.
So far none of the Installation Error answers seem to help at all.
On trying to completely uninstall Word2003 I get an Error 1711, can not write to hard disk.
Answer
Answer

Try to uninstall Office 2003 applications using the ‘Windows Installer Cleanup Utility’ tool provided in the Microsoft link below and reinstall it back.

Note: Before uninstalling Office 2003 applications, make sure that you have the Office disk and its product key with you to reinstall it back.

Warning:The ‘Windows Installer Cleanup Utility’ is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2022 Views 1,284 Applies to: