Excel 2003 on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS - APPCRASH

Hello,

I am trying to resolve an issue with Excel 2003.  On a freshly installed Windows 7 (64 bit) Dell E6510 Notebook, with all drivers updated/installed from support.dell.com.  When right-clicking and copying cell data, Excel will repeatedly end in an APPCRASH.  Error details below:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
  Application Version: 11.0.8169.0
  Application Timestamp: 465f27bd
  Fault Module Name: EXCEL.EXE
  Fault Module Version: 11.0.8169.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 465f27bd
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0002bbec
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID: 1033
  Brand: Office11Crash
  skulcid: 1033

A lot of time has already been spent researching this.  First attempt to fix was to simply uninstall and re-install Office 2003.  2nd attempt to fix was rebuilding the image from scratch.  Have followed numerous thoughts about this being a driver conflict such as Bluetooth devices.  I have tried the methodology of disabling all startup items in msconfig.exe.  Also used ShellExView to disable non-microsoft shell extensions.  Have also tried a detect & repair within Excel to see if this would fix any Registry issues that could possibly be the root cause. 

Have decided that further assistance on this error is required and am posting here.  I know that Office 2003 works properly on Windows 7 since we have a similar E-series notebook from Dell that has Office 2003 working properly.  The E6510 is their newer model version.  Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this issue?  It would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

~Scott

Answer
Answer

We had the same issue with the Dell Latitude E5410 with Windows 7 x86 and Office 2003.

The applications that where crashing are Word, Excel and Outlook.
When copying cell data from one field to another field in Excel, Excel crashes.
When closing Outlook, Outlook didn't respond anymore.

When we uninstalled the Bluetooth driver, the problems was gone.

Thanks,

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
We've had the same issue with both the E6410s and E4310s and Office XP.  After finding this conversation, I did a little leg work and tracked it down to the Bluetooth driver for the Broadcom 375 Bluetooth module.  Removed the software and let Windows BT run, and copying worked fine.  Re-installed, problem comes back.  Remove, problem is gone.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 8,535 Applies to: