Discussion

Investigating issue where volume gradually decreases in the latest Groove update for Windows 10 Mobile

Ellen Kilbourne [MSFT] started on

Hey, gang. We've heard a bit of feedback about volume control issues in the latest update for Groove (version 3.6.1719.0). We understand most of the feedback we've received and have been able to setup repros internally, but there is one that we're still investigating.

If you've experienced the volume gradually decreasing on its own while listening to music in the Groove app on Windows 10 mobile, could you let us know by replying to this thread? And if this is happening to you could you let us know if your device has an equalizer?

34 people have recommended this discussion

Abuse history

Jeff Adams(2) replied on
I do have an equalizer and the volume doesnt gradually decrease but is constantly lower than before the update.
11 people liked this

Abuse history

Sagar Sadbhaiya replied on
The Volume sometimes decreases & also after playing 3-4 songs the Players stops automatically.. I don't have a playlist but I just shuffle all my songs every time..
11 people liked this

Abuse history

llan0 replied on

Hey, gang. We've heard a bit of feedback about volume control issues in the latest update for Groove (version 3.6.1719.0). We understand most of the feedback we've received and have been able to setup repros internally, but there is one that we're still investigating.

If you've experienced the volume gradually decreasing on its own while listening to music in the Groove app on Windows 10 mobile, could you let us know by replying to this thread? And if this is happening to you could you let us know if your device has an equalizer?

Yeh. Lumia 950 XL with earpods WH-308 of Microsoft.
2 people liked this

Abuse history

Colossus1090 replied on
Volume is constantly lower after update on Lumia 830. Over wire and Bluetooth. I have an equalizer.  
3 people liked this

Abuse history

shajisyed replied on

I have a lumia 640. When i plug in the earphones (it has a mic), the volume goes all the way down to zero. This has happened after the last update of Groove. I do have Equalizer enabled but i disabled it and the issue still exists.

Interesting thing is this issue is also seen with other apps like Spotify, Pandora..

3 people liked this

Abuse history

Ellen Kilbourne [MSFT] replied on

That's a known issue...we have a fix for that one already.
Be the first person to like this

Abuse history

That's a known issue...we have a fix for that one already.

Abuse history

And the volume gradually decreases on its own or it's consistently lower than you'd expect? We are investigating the first one...the second we understand and have a fix.

Abuse history

llan0 replied on

And the volume gradually decreases on its own or it's consistently lower than you'd expect? We are investigating the first one...the second we understand and have a fix.
I turn off the terminal screen, keep it in my pocket, and suddenly notice that the volume has declined gradually, from 25 to 20, a small range. Only without taking any action. And I try to turn up the volume with the side buttons and not ups. I have to turn on the display of the device to increase the volume. It happens sometimes.

Abuse history

TerjeMathiesen replied on

This happens for me too, volume decreases but the volume control do not change its readings. When screen is locked, using my wired headphones skipping a song causes to pause the music. Have to unlock screen and open Groove to resume music. This happend after the .71 update, not after latest Groove update.
3 people liked this

Abuse history