An update is available for the Groove app on Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile

A new release is available today for the Groove app on Windows 10. Check the Store! This release (version 3.6.1239) includes the following:

On desktop:

• Minor fixes and improvements

On mobile:

• Check out the new app intro for first launch. It highlights key features while we assemble your music collection in the background

• Pin your favorite albums, artists, and playlists to Start for easy access

• Pin the app itself, and the tile will show you art and info for the current song whenever you go to Start

• Filter your playlists to see the songs that are streaming only or are only on your currently device

We are still working on these known issues:

• Onscreen keyboard doesn’t appear when you select the search box while in tablet mode

• Playback pauses when you minimize the app

Please continue making your feedback known in the Windows Feedback app, on UserVoice, in store reviews, and elsewhere on the Internet. We’re listening!

Thank you for your continued support,

The Groove Team

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

wow ! Thanks for the update 
AAKASH SHARMA

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Does "Playback pauses when you minimize the app" include issues when using media keys (play/pause on F4) on Surface Pro 3? Often the key doesn't to anything.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This version still has problems. At least it doesn't seem to be losing track of my album collection on my WHS 2011 system as version 3.6.1210.0 did.

However, while two of my PCs can now see the entire collection, a third PC has only added half of the albums, while a fourth (a Surface 3) refuses to add any albums at all, and will only show albums on OneDrive.

It's also not clear to me what the difference is between "Available offline" and "Only on this device". So, for example on one of the PCs that can see the entire collection, it says there are 1,112 albums available offline. These are the albums held on the WHS 2011 system. Yet it also says that there are 123 albums "only on this device". There are no music albums held on the PC's local drives, everything is held on the WHS 2011 system. So where is the number "123" coming from?

So from my perspective, this app is still not yet ready for primetime.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree. In fact, I think they should change the name from "Groove" to "Ditch", which is the giant groove in the ground this whole music thing is stuck in since they got rid of Zune.

You allude to one of my major complaints----there is almost zero documentation on how this system works. Is "cloud match" dead? Are we supposed to upload hundreds (thousands) of tracks to OneDrive?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not the same. You should submit feedback in the Windows Feedback app if you haven't already.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest submitting feedback in the Windows Feedback app or starting a thread per issue here if the app isn't working properly for you. We're listening. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good feedback, but keep it clean. We're humans too. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, I have already submitted feedback, and will continue to raise issues. I want Groove to work, and be a flagship app, but it's got a very long way to go...

BTW, I spoke too soon - this version of Groove is still losing track of my album collection held on my WHS 2011 system, so that bug is still present. Please can you add it to your list of known issues (it wasn't mentioned in your first post). Thanks.

Not only that, but this latest version of Groove running on my Surface 3 refuses to find any local files (i.e. the collection on WHS 2011) at all. And it’s a hit and miss affair on my other systems as well. Groove on my desktop claims my collection has 1,109 albums; on my Yoga 3 Pro, Groove says I have 1,112 albums, and on my ThinkPad 10, Groove says I have just 644 albums.

Addendum 20 August 2015: after 36 hours(!) of adding files, Groove on my ThinkPad 10 now says I have 1,108 albums available offline. So what’s it to be? 1,109, 1,112, or 1,108?

All instances of Groove are looking at exactly the same collection; one might think that they could agree on the correct total of albums. Oh, wait a minute, Groove on the Desktop PC has just lost the index again, and has restarted to index the collection…

Meanwhile, Groove on my Surface 3 resolutely refuses to see the collection at all, and says I have zero albums available offline.

This is not good.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I really find the keyboard issue in tablet mode quite annoying. I have a 7,000 track library and Groove is nearly useless without being able to search.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have to love the wonderful and very informative "Minor fixes and improvements"

As a server admin by profession changelogs like this scare me because its almost like saying who knows what we did.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated March 11, 2024 Views 4,674 Applies to: