How can I disable the request to "insert smart card" in Microsoft Word?

How can I disable the request to "insert smart card" in Microsoft Word?  This request from MS Word has just started happening within the last month.
When I start MS Word, or try to open documents, I am requested to "insert smart card".  I can cancel this request, but then have to accept the document as "trusted", even though some of these are doc's I created, and I'm even asked to 'trust' a blank, new doc.
One significant example of how inconvenient this is comes when using our PDF writer.  When I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro to created a combined PDF file from multiple MS Word doc's, I have to babysit the computer, hitting cancel and accept the document as trusted before each Word file can be opened, printed and closed.
This just started happening a month ago, though I've had this Dell E6400 laptop with Windows 7 for 16 months. No one else in my office of 55 people is having this problem, though several are using the same type of laptop.
-M
Answer
Answer

Another possibility is 3rd party vendor software:

If found an issue where folks that have IBM's Rational Doors 9.3 have this issue after they install IBM's software. What clued me in was this article: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21589317. It should be titled, "These aren't the droids you're looking for." I found that the IBM's, door.dot, template gets placed inside c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\STARTUP; this causes the "inserrt smart card" prompt and triggers a macro warning.

112 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 88,562 Applies to: