Error 1706 when opening word, program appears to be calling Roxio Venue with resulting "no valid source windows can't continue

When starting Word, program begins to launch, then a 2ndary window opens that appears to be calling "Roxio Venue" to open.  After a few moments an additional window pops up with Error 1706 No Valid Source, Windows can't continue.  If I cancel the 2ndary window when it appears, Word then continues to open and operate normally.  Where is that 2ndary call coming from, it is annoying, how can I stop it.
Answer
Answer
I am not personally familiar with Roxio Venue software, though as Roxio is heavily into CD/DVD software it probably relates to software used for writing to such drives. The likely explanation for the error in that case would be that the application is trying to access material you have saved from Word to a CD/DVD drive and the disc in question is no longer available to be read.

It is never advisable to save to removable media from Word. You should always work from the hard drive and copy to and from removable media.

I suspect that if you inserted the disc you were working on into the CD/DVD drive before starting Word, you would not see the message. Having done that I would make sure that any references to that disc are closed in Word.
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2023 Views 780 Applies to: