Cannot Print - splwow64.exe - Application Error (0xc0000005)

Hi, I am using Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Edition on a 64bit version of Windows 7. I've been unable to print through Microsoft Word. I'll try to give a quick rundown of the problem when using Microsoft Word. 

• When I go to File > Print, I get the following message: "splwow64.exe - Application ErrorThe application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."
  • Word becomes unresponsive an the error message continues to appear after clicking "OK" several times and will not stop appearing until I force Word to close. 
  • The issue seems to be limited to Microsoft Office (It happens when using Excel but not something else like Wordpad)
  • I've gone through the repair Microsoft Office through Control Panel, and although it ran smoothly it did not seem to fix anything. 
  • I recently updated to Windows 7 Service Pack 1, but it is possible that the issue existed before the update anyway. 

Any help I can get would be much appreciated and I am willing to provide more information if I left some things out.

Answer
Answer

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 14,483 Applies to: