Powerpoint 2013 does not open because of a system error stating that "igx.dll" is missing.

I recently installed a trial version of Microsoft Office ProPlus 2013. All the other Offices can be opened except PowerPoint and a system error pops up saying that the file "igx.dll" is missing. What should I do? Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Answer
Answer

Hi Jane,

Welcome to Microsoft Communities.

Let me help you launch PowerPoint 2013.

We shall follow the steps from the link below and check if it helps to launch the PowerPoint 2013 application:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

Note The above link gives steps to open all Microsoft Office applications. Follow the steps as mentioned for PowerPoint 2013 from the list and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

In case the above step does not work then we shall repair the Office 2013 suite.

Please follow these steps to repair Office 2013:

1. On the main Start Screen type Control Panel in the Search box on the top right corner of the screen or just type the word Control Panel and it should automatically appear on search.
  2. Once Control Panel opens click on Programs and / or Programs and Features.
  3. Click on the Office 2013 program and then click on Change.
  4. Click Quick Repair.     
  5. Once competed restart your computer.

Check if you are able to access PowerPoint 2013 as normal.

If the above steps do not help, then we will remove and re-install Office 2013 following the steps from the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Now download and install Office 2013 by logging into www.office.com/myaccount with the registered email address and click Install.

Hope the suggestions provided is helpful. If you need further assistance please reply and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2023 Views 3,455 Applies to: