Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

When utilizing Adobe or syncing my phone (Samsung) I get the following error message:  "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."  I am running 64 Bit office 2013 on Win 7, and outlook is set as my primary mail client.  I have seen some forums stating this is an issue because the software is looking for the 32 bit mail client.  Any way to fix this and still keep 64 bit office?  

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

As per the issue description you receive an error message stating Outlook is not set as default email client when using adobe or synchronizing Samsung mobile with Outlook.

Note: It's recommended to use 32bit of Office program unless you have a specific need for 64bit version of Office, as some of the add-ins are not compatible with 64bit of Office.

The issue might have occurred as Outlook is not set as default email client or because the programs (Samsung Sync. Software) is unable to view 64bit of Outlook. Follow the steps mentioned to set Outlook as default email client and check:

Method 1:-Set as default within outlook.

1.       Open Outlook, Click on File < Options.

2.       Under General, in Start up options group check the option Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.

Method 2:- Set as default from control panel.

1.       Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set Default Programs

2.       Select Outlook under Programs list and click on Set as default.

3.       Click Ok.

Method 3:-

1.       Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set program access and computer defaults.

2.       Click on the arrow mark pointing downward next to Custom to expand Custom option.

3.       Under Choose a default email program, highlight Microsoft Outlook and click Ok.

You may also refer the links mentioned and refer the post by Floccin, Rscott and Diane and check:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_home-outlook/office-365-2013-qeither-there-is-no-default-mail/92d9f500-5b45-4a44-b617-d3e04d8bb918

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-outlook/either-there-is-no-default-mail-client-or-the/e4d7c8b2-68bb-4e16-b4b7-b121ee6c27df

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/samsung-outloook-sync/4d2d7a59-9b0e-4d70-9638-83aa3c485c0e

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the detailed information.  This is a lot of what I read yesterday, but none of it fixes my issue.  Very hard to believe that other apps don't support the 64 bit office client.  I am not going to go backwards with my software just to resolve this silly issue.

557 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have set Outlook as the default client and you are still getting that message try this. Just removing the unneeded add-ins is not enough. You probably have an email account that Outlook can not access upon opening. You must close the offending folder (right click on folder then close it). Restart Outlook, and the message should be gone.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am interested in your response but don't understand.

If you have set Outlook as the default client and you are still getting that message try this.

What is "this"? Where and how do I close the offending folder? Please clarify. Thanks.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue. Reinstalling and repairing Outlook 2013 didn't fix the issue. I get this " Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." error message when Windows 7 Pro starts. Thank you for your help.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Funny how the tech gave you the obvious instruction to make outlook your default mail client, yet didn't give any information regarding other programs not recognizing 64 bit outlook.

That is BullS, I get this message constantly, even just opeing up a PDF file with Adobe.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems silly, but this actually worked to fix it for me: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5784474

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

While the Microsoft engineer explains how to set Outlook as the default mail client, and that certainly is a possibility, that's like turning left because a turn signal accidentally activates every time you hit a bump....

it worked for me to go into Adobe, 
1) click on tools so that the commenting window does not show up by default,
and...
2) go into the Adobe Reader XI (my product) menu and look for edit/preferences.
In the long list of preferences, select "email"
add account, gmail is one of the options
set alternate account (not outlook) as the default email account
save and close preferences

Results:
1) adobe opens faster
2) error generated by conflict between outlook and adobe disappears
3) Outlook is still installed on my computer and frankly never was the default email client, despite its aspirations and assumptions. It is the work email client thanks to office 365...
4) Of course I'm using 64-bit office, why wouldn't I? Who still has a 32-bit computer running Windows 8.1?

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OMG thank you very much... this actually worked :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hum..? Didn't work for me...

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 355,641 Applies to: