Outlook 2013 - SSL error on IMAP account configuration

Hi

I'm using windows 8.1 and i'm trying to configure an IMAP account with SSL on outlook 2013.

However, always is returned the error below.

The IMAP port (993) is open for the domain server that i'm using (mail.versaointegral.pt).

If i use an open source client, like thunderbird, it works perfectly.

We've some users on our company that uses outlook 2010 (on windows 7) and it works fine too.

I already import the SSL certificate on for trusted root authorities using certmgr.msc.

Not using SSL is not a option for my company due to our security policy.

i'm sending below the configurations that i made.

Answer
Answer

Hello Gonçalo Miguel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

In order to resolve this issue let us try the following steps

Step 1

1. In the Account Configuration box, try entering the full email address for User Name (Screenshot 1 on your post).

2. Once you have entered the full email address for the Username, test the Account Settings.

3. Check if this step works.

If the above step does not work then try the following step.

Step 2

In the Advanced tab try changing the Outgoing Port Server number Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 and in the drop-down box Use the following type of encrypted connection to TLS

Save the settings changes. Test the Account Settings.

Check if this works.

In case the above steps do not work then try setting up your IMAP account on another computer in the same location/network. Check if the account works on the other computer/s. You may also try configuring a Hotmail.com, Live.com or Outlook.com email account. Set it up as an IMAP account. The Account Settings are as follows:

• Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com

• Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.live.com

• User Name: full email address (Your Hotmail.com, Live.com or Outlook.com email address).

• Outgoing Server tab on More Settings: SMTP Authentication required and sub-option -> Use same settings as my incoming mail server.

• Port Numbers: Incoming 995 SSL / Outgoing 587 TLS.

• Check if setting up your Hotmail.com or Live.com or Outlook.com account as IMAP works on your computer.

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 4,331 Applies to: