Office 2016 Crash after upgrade to Mac Sierra

I have removed Office completely and reinstalled, it doesn't work. Not only Outlook, I can't work on any office application, entire Microsoft Office crashes, can; even choose Auto Update option.

No fix available yet. Hope Apple and Microsoft comes out with a fix ASAP, otherwise I might as well dump the MacBookPro for good.

Answer
Answer
I did manage to get things back to normal by letting the microsoft auto updater do its work. I just googled "microsoft auto updater", installed it, it first installed a more up-to-date version of the updater (the irony) and then it found the updates for my office products. After that everything worked as normal. Hope it can help a few people out.

93 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Office 2016 for Mac, macOS Sierra potential crash issues

Apple released an update to macOS Sierra on 9/20. Some customers are reporting Office for Mac 2016 applications are closing unexpectedly, or crashing, on macOS Sierra. Engineering is working with Apple to investigate and resolve this issue.

Turning off “Auto Proxy Discovery” or “Automatic Proxy Configuration” is a possible workaround, if allowed by your organization’s network configuration. Contact your local network administrator for more information on your network settings.

We will update this content when more information is known, including a fix or additional workaround.

180 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 48,599 Applies to: