OneNote cannot access this section file or the attached file because the file may have been moved... (Error code: 0x2)

Original Title: "One Note 2010 Syncing issue with SkyDrive"

I have the following issue when trying to sync OneNote 2010 to Skydrive.  I have 3 notebooks - two of which have the same error..

"OneNote cannot access this section file or the attached file because the file may have been moved, the characters in the file name may be invalid, or the file permissions may have been changed. (Error code: 0x2)" 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Answer

I had the same problem. In my case I was making a new set of notebooks and my existing ones stopped syncing (same message as previous posters). On my PC OneNote (2016), I did the following:

1. File > Settings > Close (or right click on the notebook in the drop down list and choose, "Close this Notebook").
  2. File > Open > choose location > double click on the notebook you just closed

I was able to sync all the notebooks once I closed and re-opened them. You might have to browse or add a place if you haven't previously done so. I hope this simple solution works for anyone experiencing the same issue.

168 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 52,997 Applies to: