Trunked mails between Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2013 for Windows

Hello,

I take notes on Word 2016 for Mac. (I add some bullet points)

Then I copy & paste my notes into a new fresh email on Outlook 2016 for Mac and I send mail email to some colleagues.

Colleages using Outlook 2013 for Windows will get the email trunked. Only first few line will be visible. If they read the same mail over the OWA, the mail appears properly.

It looks that there is a kind of format endoding issue between Word 2016 for Mac and  Outlook/Word for Windows.

Did anyone get that strange behavior too ?

hi carig,

i ran a test from my side based on the description and i couldn’t reproduce the issue. my outlook 2013 client shows the proper content of the email sent from the outlook for mac 2016, and it also displays normally in owa. additionally, i ran a test with my outlook 2016 client and it also displays correctly.

in owa:

in outlook 2013 client:

in outlook 2016 client:

to narrow down the root cause of the issue, i’d like to collect some information:
1. some screenshots about how the content displays in word 2016 for mac, outlook 2016 for mac, owa and the outlook 2013 for windows client. to send screenshots, please click use rich formatting > the insert/edit media button.

2. did this issue happen to all your colleagues who are using the outlook 2013 client?
3. which version of the outlook 2013 client are they using? to check it, please click file > office accounts.
4. are their outlook 2013 clients the latest version? where did they get the outlook 2013 client, downloaded from the office 365 portal?

best regards,
mouran

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CARIG,

Could you please provide the information above for further checking?

Thanks,
Mouran

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mouran,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

We had to make several tests here.

It looks that the problem occurs only when we use a specific Word document here with a specific template type.

We asked users not to use that specific Word document for copy/paste actions from Word to Outlook under Mac.

We can close this post.

Thank you for your help and your time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2016 Views 25 Applies to: