"The Application Virtualization Client could not launch the application you requested. The requested operation requires elevation. Error code: 4612817-05503235-000002E4".

MS Office 2010 Problems!

I recently purchased Microsoft Office 2010 online. When I attempt to open Word or Excel documents created in previous versions I get two error messages - "There was a problem sending the command to the program." and "The Application Virtualization Client could not launch the application you requested.  The requested operation requires elevation.  Error code: 4612817-05503235-000002E4".  I have used the Answer Desk three times now with no resolution. What do I need to do  to get this resolved? 

A "Virtulization" err msg indicates you are using a click to run version of Office.

Did you install Office from dvd or downloaded file?

Was any other version of Office preinstalled on the PC, eg Office Starter?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/what-is-click-to-run-HA101868855.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/update-repair-or-uninstall-office-click-to-run-products-HA010382089.aspx

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I downloaded the file and Office Starter was preinstalled on my PC.  I wasn't prompted to delete or remove Starter during the process.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ihave the same exact issue with MS 2010 Student/faculty edition. Very mad as I  cannot open up file my professor had sent to me to look at. Someone please show mehow to repair the issue!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 27, 2023 Views 2,322 Applies to: