Saving an Excel 2010 file as an XML File

I've created a fairly large EXCEL flat file and am now trying to convert this to an XML data file.  I have attempted to use the instructions provided by Microsoft to do this (see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/create-an-xml-data-file-and-xml-schema-file-from-worksheet-data-HA010342365.aspx).  When trying to convert the range to an XML List, I am getting a "Error 1B6: Object doesn't support this property or method". 

Am I using the correct instructions or is there a different method to doing this?  Help!

The instructions are correct. This looks like something broken in the Excel data.

Do you have a backup copy of the excel flat?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe I do.  I'll recreate it and try following the directions again.

Thanks for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well for what it's worth, I took the original data (from EXCEL), copied it and pasted it in a new workbook and saved it.  I then started the conversion process as described.  I'm getting the "caution" information that says the following: "The information that you are attempting to map contains formatting that is incompatible with the format specified in the worksheet. "  It gives me 2 buttons to choose from - "Use existing Formatting" and "Match Element Data Type".  I've chosen "Match element data type".  The message box closes and immediately comes back up with the same message.  So now I've chosen "Cancel".  I'm now getting a "Error 3EC: Application-defined or Object-defined error".  Now what?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2023 Views 2,518 Applies to: