Access 2010 - Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Views do not work

In all my databases, either the Pivot Table or the Pivot Chart views do not work. I even downloaded the Northwind sample database and the outcome was exactly the same. No response when I try to switch into PT view or PC view. Why is that?

I use an MS Access 2010 64 bit version running on MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

Your help is most welcome.

PP

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Pedro_B_Pinto,

Usually this type of problem is related to certain Ace or Ado files not registered properly on your machine and / or registry keys for these types of files having incorrect values set.  Normally, I would try and give you the exact registry key to look at, but since there can be several different keys or files related to this type of problem and improperly editing one of these keys could break other things, I would recommend opening a case with Microsoft so that they can look into your specific issue.

Assisted Support Options -http://support.microsoft.com/select/Default.aspx?target=assistance

Professional Support Options -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards,

Nathan Ost

Microsoft Online Community Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Many thanks Nathan. I shall follow your advice.

Best regards,

PBP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nathan,

Apparently Microsoft wants to charge me for looking into the problem, which I think is unfair... Is there another way to solve my problem? If I try to reinstall the Office suite does it solve my problem? Your comments are welcome.

Bstrgrds,

Pedro

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try uninstalling Office while in selective startup mode using the utility mentioned below.  Then also reinstall Office while in selective startup mode.  To boot your machine into selective startup mode you will need to launch msconfig and disable all 3 party services and startup options.  To do this, you can do the following:

+>Click on the start menu and type MSCONFIG into the quick search box.  Launch msconfig.exe.

+>Within the msconfig dialog, click on the Services tab, then check the box to Hide All Microsoft Services and then click the Disable All button.

+>Then click on the Startup tab in the msconfig dialog and click the disable all button.

+>Click Apply and Ok.

+>You will then be prompted to reboot your machine.

Once the machine is running in selective startup mode, first make sure any antivirus software you have on your machine is not running (it shouldn’t be, but I would recommend checking and if it is you will need to disable it).  Next uninstall your Office suite by running the Fix It utility for your specific Office suite in the KB article below:

290301 - How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290301

After doing this, you could then try and reinstall your Office suite, while still in selective startup mode.  Once Office is reinstalled, I would recommend testing your Pivot tables again.  If they work, then boot your machine back into Normal mode and test there.

Best Regards,
Nathan Ost

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue and I followed your instructions, but it did not fix the issue.  I have to put a database on 10 computers some with Windows 7 64 bit, some with 32 bit and some with Windows XP.  I need a chart.  And I need the charts to work on every computer.  I have spend 10 hours just trying to make 1 stinkin chart.  I can do it on one of the laptops, but I need it to work on mine.  I am beyond frustrated.  It has to work, we pay a fortune for Microsoft's buggy software, and I need it to work.  Are my bosses going to say, oh yeah, that darn Microsoft?  Nope, it's going to come back on me.  A solution please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone,

Even after repairing, uninstalling entirely and reinstalling office pro 2010 32bit, the described issue with MS Access persisted.
My system is Windows XP 32bit SP3.
To describe with other words the issue, crosstab query are available in datasheet view, however when clicking on pivot table view or pivot chart view nothing happen! Pivot view seems unable.

Any help regarding this issue would be warmly welcome.

Gabriel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Really? This is amazingly frustrating. I spent all of last night uninstalling and re-installing office 2010 just to get the same result - pivot tables and charts that won't work. They will, however, work just fine on my office computer. How to fix it? It seems like a common problem but none of the solutions work. Not only that, $250 for support services? I've already spent enough on the damn software. IS THERE A SOLUTION TO THIS THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, AND THAT CAN BE COMPLETED WITHOUT FORKING OUT MORE $$ TO MICROSOFT?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could also try the following steps to install Microsoft Analysis Services OLE DB Provider for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.  I have seen scenarios where installing this update has resolved issues within pivot tables / pivot chars within Access.

+>Close out of Access / Office programs.

+>Go to the following link:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16978

+>Scroll down to the Microsoft® Analysis Services OLE DB Provider for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 section.

+>Download either the 32 bit version (x86 package) of the file if you are using the 32 bit version of Access (most people have the 32 bit version of Access 2010 installed even on a 64 bit machine).  If you are using 64 bit Access 2010 then you would want to download the 64 bit version (x64 package).

+>Once the fix is downloaded, go through the install process.

+>Once the install completes, open your database and test your Pivot table / chart again.

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the response, unfortunately it did not work.

Is there a chance I could have a corrupt copy of office - not sure that would be the case since it worked on this machine in the past.

It seems like it worked up until I tried the trial version of Office 13. But, that's also around the same time I installed a solid state drive. Could that be an issue?

At this point I've tried installing and uninstalling - did not work.

Last night I reformated my entire computer - still not working.

This morning I tried unsintalling then re-installing on another drive - not the primary solid state drive but another. Still does not work!

But every other computer I try it  on, it works fine.

Ummmm, so strange. Any other suggestions?

Tony

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the response, unfortunately it did not work.

Is there a chance I could have a corrupt copy of office - not sure that would be the case since it worked on this machine in the past.

It seems like it worked up until I tried the trial version of Office 13. But, that's also around the same time I installed a solid state drive. Could that be an issue?

At this point I've tried installing and uninstalling - did not work.

Last night I reformated my entire computer - still not working.

This morning I tried unsintalling then re-installing on another drive - not the primary solid state drive but another. Still does not work!

But every other computer I try it  on, it works fine.

Ummmm, so strange. Any other suggestions?

Tony

I am having the same problems. it worked on Friday, now it will not work. Nothing new installed here. It seems that this is a common problem. In my research online. There are many experiencing the same thing at many different support sites.

Microsoft, Access is a powerful product and wonderful to work with; however it has a bug. What can we do. I tried the above suggested download, to no avail.

Help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2023 Views 5,387 Applies to: