IMAP Inbox problem Outlook 2016

I have installed the outlook 2016 preview on my pc running Windows 7.

One of my email accounts is imap. The inbox ie having some weird behaviours. I cannot delete or move emails out of this account as I get the message "Cannot move the items. The item cannot be moved. It was already moved or deleted, access was denied or the server unavailable.

However I can move or delete the same email on another machine running outlook 2013. I tried deleting and recreating the account on the machine running the  2016 preview. I also tried to fix the pst files and this did not work either. I also have Mac running outlook 2016 but there everything is fine.

I can only conclude that this has something to do with imap and the Outlook2016 running on Windows. As I said I do not have this problem on any other machine running a lower version of Outllok

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

Answer
Answer

Under Folder|Purge|Purge Options I had to check the boxes at the bottom of those settings to make items marked for deletion actually disappear.  Every time I 'deleted' an item, Outlook was moving a copy to imap Deleted Items/Trash folder but was not removing it from the item's current folder (Inbox or whatever.)  I wound up with 10 copies of the item I was trying to delete in the Trash folder but the original/zombie copy was still in my Inbox laughing at me.

185 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2023 Views 87,747 Applies to: