New Update for Samsung WP7 gets Error 800705B4
Did the install and finished with Error Code 800705B4 and no update. Followed the web help. No help.
2nd fail at update.
Anybody have any ideas?
In reply to deleted message
If clearing the history on the phone does not resolve the 800705B4 error. There is now a Windows Phone Support Tool available that should fix this problem. More info on this tool is at:
EDIT: The update failed with the same error as you (800705B4), but my battery level is under 50%. I'll charge it for a few hours and try again.
Please see the following sticky post:
"The timer ran out on what we were trying to do"
And that was what exactly?
I've yet to see the update with my Samsung Focus - Guessing that the issue hasn't truly been resolved yet.
Lumia 1520 32GB -
Zune HD 16GB
So I tried:
- rebooting phone, including removing battery for a couple of minutes
- connecting directly to the front USB port port and not through my extension hub
- connecting directly to a USB port on the back of my computer
All this was done with the original USB cable that came with the phone, with each step having no apparent effect on the outcome of the update.
My phone (Samsung Omnia 7 - on Three UK network; SIM unlocked) seems to remain stuck on the connecting to computer screen. I was expecting it to show the "connect to PC" image and then switch to the "do not disconnect" image, but rather just remained on the first.
So... My hopes for a certain fix on this update have been let down. Is this seriously that hard of a problem to get around?...
To help dig deeper, if you are running into the error 800705B4 during phone update, could you please be sure to provide the following details...
- your phone's make, model and mobile operator
- your phone's OS version (from settings>about>more info)
- your PC's OS version (windows 7, XP, etc.) - or if you're using a Mac.
- Zune PC software version (from within Zune go to settings>software>general and then click 'About Zune') - or if you're using the Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac.
It would also be helpful to know the exact steps you went thru...
- were you first prompted for a Zune software update?
- at what step # in the phone update process did you see the error?
- Samsung Omnia 7 on Three UK
- Phone's OS version: still 7.0.7004.0
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Zune's version: 4.7.1404.0
I simply plugged my phone in via cable with no previous relating steps, Zune detected my phone and came through that I have an update available, and I went ahead with the update. The phone reboots as step 6 indicates. Then when it gets to step 7, saying it's installing updates, no progress is ever made (and the phone never seems to know it's connected - the computer does) and hence the timeout. The phone eventually reboots with Zune's step 1 of 2 saying so too and then states it has failed.
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.