Announcement: March Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile (brings phone to 10586.164)
We have started rolling out the March cumulative update (10.0.10586.164) for Windows 10 Mobile today. Update availability will start with open market variants and will increase to everyone over the next week as we monitor and ensure quality of the release.
Key improvements in this release include:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
To read more about the new features included in Windows 10 Mobile, see What's New in Windows 10 Mobile.
Windows 10 is updating continuously, so make sure you follow all the update notifications that appear on your phone. To check for updates, you can also tap Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. For detailed update instructions, see.
Please ensure to continue providing feedback on your experiences with Windows 10 Mobile by using the Windows Feedback app located in the App List, and by posting discussions and questions in this Answers Community. Your feedback continues to help us identify and prioritize future product improvements!