word converted my text to asterisk

While I was typing, word converted all of my text to asterisks. Is there any way to recover the text? 
Answer
Answer
In addition, in Word > Preferences > Save, do you have "Save AutoRecovery info every: 1 minutes"? If so, set it to a higher value, like 10 minutes.

Si mi respuesta te ha servido, márcala como solución o como útil.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Not if you closed the document and saved ... and even then it's unlikey unless you have the setting turned on in Preferences to always create a backup and closed the document without saving. With a backup copy being made you could go and get that one.

Also, if you are running Time Machine you could go back to a time sequence prior.

If you haven't been making backups or using time machine then I'm sorry to say it's lost.

Now what's causing this?

There is hope that SP1 has corrected this awful problem so tell us what Office release are you running. 14.1.2 is the latest and if you weren't running that version ... that maybe is the problem. If you are running 14.1.2 then I think the Microsoft Engineers will be wanting to get as much information from you about what was occurring on your system when this happened.

How long had this document been open? When was the last time you restarted Word? When was the last time you logged off your computer? When was the last time you restarted your computer?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 10,208 Applies to: