Mail merge to email using Office 2011 for Mac

I am using Outlook 2011 for Mac, and trying to send a mass email using mail merge.

I get to the stage where I click 'Mal Merge to Outbox' and the messages appear in the Drafts folder of Outlook. This is a problem however, as they do not actually send.

I cannot find a way to create a mail merge in Word and get them to automatically send, or to send them from my Drafts folder, all in one big batch - currently the fastest way is to open and send indivudally as opening them all at once crashes the software.

Is this possible?
Does anyone else have this problem with this specific software?

All the support help and video tutorials I can find either tell me this will not happen or are using a different version of Office.

Hope you can help,
Thanks
Answer
Answer
Hey James,

This is a really old issue that, I think, was resolved in a Office 2011 update. If you choose Outlook > About Outlook from the Menu bar at the top of your screen, what version of Office for Mac are you currently running?

If you found that you're not currently running version 14.2.3, you can get the latest updates by choosing Help > Check for Updates from within any Office application.
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi Cody and Robert,

Thanks a lot for your answers. I worked out yesterday, how to create a rule to transport the messages from the Drafts folder into the Outbox so that they actually sent. I was happy with that at the time.

I ran the update as well to 14.2.3 and that has now solved the issue completely so the messages don't go anywhere near the Drafts folder to start off with and just send straight away without fuss.

So brilliant.

Thanks again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 7,212 Applies to: