Mail Merge Manager

Mail merge does not work the same in Office for Mac as it does with Windows; how do I get the email addresses to associate with the doc as it greys out every time i merge to a new doc? and I get no data message even though the data file is open and the merge works fine.....
Answer
Answer
When you get to step #6 you can select either of the 3 options for completing the merge:
  • Merge to Printer: Use this if immediately printing labels, name badges, form letters, etc.
  • Merge to New Document: use this to create a Word document file containing a copy of the Main Document addressed to each recipient. This would commonly be used if the printing is not to be done immediately, to archive a copy of the merge, or to create a completed document for reprinting on an as needed basis rather than having to repetitively redo the merge.
  • Generate e-mail messages: Use this to send copies of the Main Document to each recipient as an email message rather than merging to printer or merging to a document.

If you're doing a merge to email click the 3rd button.

From you're description it sounds like you're clicking the 2nd button which creates a new Word document containing a copy of your Main Document for each recipient, then trying to use the Mail Merge Manager to send that document as email messages. You can't go on to use that 'end result' to create another 'end result' - IOW, that is a type of merge, not a step in the emailing process. The button is dead because you're no longer in a merge-related document.

If you don't want to create the new document, don't click the 2nd button. OTOH, if you do want the document but still need to do the email merge, go back to the Main Document & click the 3rd button which will be active once you get there.

Regards,

Bob J.

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???

Few tools work well if you don’t learn to use them.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Alexander Pope

Regards,
Bob J.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 1,368 Applies to: