Windows July Updates - Hanging - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985)

Microsoft.

Why can you not give us the option to download individual fixes / updates

The above update is hanging and therefore stopping the other downloaded updates from installing

If you reset the system up on restart it will download ALL the updates again and hang on the update for KB3172985

You cannot even reject the update to enable rest to install

Insiders have been asking for near on 12 months for you to sort this out. This request via feedback is ignored

So come on guys. Sort this out.

Hope i am not alone with the July update issues

Answer
Answer

A lot were commenting on how slow the July Updates installed today, so saying that it is "hanging" could just be that July's updates take an extremely long time to install.

.Net Framework updates have always taken an extremely long time to install, so reports of the delays today prompted me to check to see if .Net was involved, and it is.  In fact, the .Net portion is only a part of what is in the Cumulative Update.

Don

2012 Alienware Aurora R4 ALX
Intel i7-3960X, 32GB RAM, 250GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Paul

You are in the wrong forum. This update (KB3172985) applies to the Released Version 1511 of Windows 10, not an Insiders build.

Please repost this question in that forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?forum=windows&threadtype=Questions&filter=windows_10&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2Fwindows%2Fforum%2Fwindows_10%3Ftab%3DThreads 

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 5,702 Applies to: