Windows 10 Screen Flashing Non-Stop

I was using Windows 10 for a while with no problems and then when the option was added for the fast updates for the builds I enabled it and with the first or second update after that my screen would flash repeatedly once or twice a second and it would unfocus on what I was selected on. It wouldn't just flash black though, it would flash the color of my theme, which at the time was grey. I figured I would just revert back to an older build, and that failed. Then I decided to just reinstall Windows 10 and get the builds slowly. My pc continued working well for a while until the build that originally gave me the problems became cleared for the slow builds. In the event viewer there was 4 messages repeated every time the screen flashed. The first one was error 1000 and said there was a problem with explorer.exe. Then the reset were information that talked about the notifaction center. I've looked around online and I couldn't find any other person with this problem but if there is anything that I can do to fix this that would be great.

I took a video of what is happening to give you a better idea of what's going on: http://youtu.be/hFVmj6k6MYA

My pc specs are:

I7-4790k

GTX 780

Maximus Impact VII

Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD

2x4GB DDR3 1866MHz

If there is any other information you need just ask.

Answer
Answer
Thank you for the reply.

Was there any changes after you put the computer in a Clean Boot state?

Since the issue still persist try downloading the graphics driver and install it in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

We are recommending to install drivers in compatibility mode because of the fact as, for Windows 10 there might be no drivers available by manufacturers.

For your reference:
Get the best display on your monitor

Note: The above links are meant for windows 8/8.1, however, you can use the same for windows 10 Technical Preview as well.

Let us know the results after performing the steps in the above suggestions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 1 Applies to: