windows 10 is malware

windows 10 is now malware

windows 10 was intentionally designed to contain spyware and adware components

im not talking about just the tracking that goes on during testing, thats fine

im talking about a deliberate effort to make the final product contain malware

• It will TRACK YOU/SPY ON YOU for advertising, to find out what your interested in, it will build an elaborate profile about you and everything you do, so Microsoft CAN SELL ALL YOUR INFORMATION, to advertisers, that will show you built in ADS
  • the random lock screen pictures will randomly SHOW A TARGETED ADVERTISEMENT FOR THINGS IN THE STORE
  • The start menu, will occasionally show you ADVERTISING for things in the store
  • cortana will "learn about you" to sweep up all your information for ADVERTISING
  • all your local start menu searches automatically go to THE INTERNET, and will be tracked/recorded this is SPYWARE
  • there are apps that CANT BE REMOVED from the computer, those apps HAVE ADVERTISING IN THEM, thats FORCED ADWARE
  • windows 10 is no longer an OS for the user, windows 10 is an ADVERTISING platform to exploit the users information FOR COMPANY PROFIT

I have been doing PC repair for over 10 years, and most of that involved removing malware on peoples computers, and now the new feature of windows 10 is MALWARE built in ?!!??

I want an explanation for why any of this is acceptable, do you think people are not going to notice?

do you think people are not going to care?

this is a huge information security problem

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

<srfreeman replied>

Your previously noted lack of credibility is reinforced here by your noted lack of knowledge concerning the provisioning engine in Windows 10...

It makes no sense to get into a discussion of how you did things on your personal devices. I will just say; After dealing with the Windows 10 upgrade / update on well over a thousand devices, I have seen nothing resembling your issues when using the supported and documented customization methods.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt269765

Convenient how you picked on four letters of my post and disregarded the main thrust of the argument for which you have no satisfactory reply.  It's alright though; there is no satisfactory reply for the average home user, the sector that I deal with.  Microsoft needs to fix their junk.  As it is now, Windows 10 is a huge disservice to the PC industry.

Dear Microsoft, please make Windows 10 functional, pretty & intuitive, not boring, clumsy & buggy!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

At least she got $60+ !!,

what's in your wallet ?.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nevermind you're trolling again

deleted for lack of interest

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please note the description in the very first topic concerning customization "...customizing Windows 10 for desktop editions (Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education)."

From my point of view; IT support personnel that have not taken the responsibility to educate themselves, are "a huge disservice to the PC industry."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

re: that link 

Customizations of the Windows OS are ways in which partners can modify the Windows device UI

any idea who "Partners" are,
yup large OEM system builder PC / device Mfg.
not end users

only time "Home" version is allowed to be customised and deployed

is through OEM Pre-installed or smaller shops using OPK with OEM System Builder SKU
I find the lack of configuration options disturbing !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may want to actually read the documentation provided. Note the statement under "Developer Audience."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

if yer referring to the 2 lines at the bottom of the page in the link

Developer audience

This section of the partner documentation is intended for OEMs, ODMs, system builders, mobile operators, and IT administrators.

OEM = OEM PC Mfg.

ODM = Original Design Mfg.

System Builder = SMB Shop that builds custom PCs for customers

Mobile Operators = Cellular carriers / providers etc.

IT Administrators = IT dept. in general

IT Departments do not deploy any home versions with customized images,
imaging rights for IT dept. of Small, Medium, and Large business
are limited to SKUs for  VLK Pro and VLK Enterprise 
I find the lack of configuration options disturbing !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

<srfreeman replied>

Please note the description in the very first topic concerning customization "...customizing Windows 10 for desktop editions (Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education)."

From my point of view; IT support personnel that have not taken the responsibility to educate themselves, are "a huge disservice to the PC industry."

Now you're putting words in my mouth and jumping to conclusions.  I never said "Windows 10 Home Edition"; instead, I said "average home user".  Big difference!  You keep trying to derail the argument away from Windows 10 because there is no good answer for its incompetence.

This is not about me, this is about a grandma who wants her MP3s to open with iTunes because that's what she's familiar with, and all the sudden, automatically and against her wishes, her PC is now shoving a feature lacking and unfamiliar Groove in her face.  Or a dad who suddenly can't figure out where all his PDF options went because PDFs are now opening with Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe Reader.  Or a presenter who booted his laptop up minutes before a presentation only to have it boot to an hour long "upgrade circle" that can't be canceled easily.

But since you brought it up (not that I want to discuss this non-topic further), I used DISM this first time around because it is very easy to apply to existing systems, while hoping that Microsoft wouldn't be dumb enough to regularly release performance sapping and bug inducing complete In-Place Upgrades to the general public.  I was already fully aware that apps removed in such a way would be replaced after an In-Place Upgrade.  Thing is, I understood Microsoft going cheap and doing it this way for Insiders, but didn't think Microsoft would foist this on production machines.  Apparently, Microsoft was dumber than I thought.  Now the chances of killing HDDs, upgrades getting stuck in a reboot loop, and decreased performance are increased for no good reason at all.  Not a good move.  Obviously, seeing Microsoft's continuing stupidity, I will have to use a longer term solution.

In the past (excluding the Windows 8.1 upgrade), Windows updates never changed system settings and file associations en-masse like Windows 10 is now geared to do every several months (as it appears at least so far).  First, you were arguing that settings that were implemented via hacks (unsupported registry, setting, policy or service entries) wouldn't stick, and now you're telling us that of course nothing sticks during upgrades unless a complicated provisioning schema is used.  And what is that going to accomplish?  Enforcing a specific (and customized) set of settings and apps each time Windows upgrades again.  That's not what we want!  We want users to be able to dynamically and independently change their settings according to their needs (including registry, policy and service settings), and have all of them remain, untouched, after the upgrade, with no extra work required.  We had it this way before!  Is this too hard a thing to ask for now?  What happened to improving Windows?  Has Windows technology actually regressed this far in 2015?

• XP went through three service packs; users' settings remained.
  • Vista went through two service packs, users'settings remained.
  • Windows 7 went though one service pack (only because Microsoft cheated it out of a second), and users' settings remained.
  • Windows 8.1 has gone though over a hundred updates, several of them very large and far reaching, and users' settings have remained.
  • Windows 10 has been out for 3 1/2 months, and it's time to change everyone's settings now?  With a promise to do the same again in the spring?  With no indication of this behavior ever stopping?!

We need stability!  Stability means far more than just not crashing.  Stability means that it will continue to operate as set by the user, reliably, without unexpected or undesired behavior.  Stability means no (or very few) forced reboots.  A forced reboot can be just as bad as a crash.

During an In-Place Upgrade, Windows 10 already imports the old registry hives so as not to break all installed software.  As a result, a number of my "hacked Windows settings" have remained over several Preview builds, including one that specifies different titlebar active and inactive colors completely separate from the accent color.  Yep, a real hack: Blue active, Red inactive, and Green accent.  This means that Windows 10 is purposely reverting my security and privacy settings, purposely changing my file associations to Microsoft defaults, purposely deleting the registry values I set to enable the old fashioned (and much faster, more reliable, more pretty and more functional) Windows pop-up calendar and volume mixer.  See, now we're no longer talking about "no settings are preserved during the upgrade, sorry", we're talking about INTENTIONAL, PLANNED AND SPECIFICALLY PROGRAMMED EVIL!  CONNIVING TO FOIST THE METRO ON US AND SCHEMING TO FORCE THEIR APPS ON EVERYONE!  They know that many people will give up resistance sooner or later.

Windows 10.  Winning by attrition.  You will surely conform to Us.  Eventually.  What a sick joke.  Except it's not a joke.  This buggy, disrespectful OS is for real!

Dear Microsoft, please make Windows 10 functional, pretty & intuitive, not boring, clumsy & buggy!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i set my few months old new computer one way and it just resets itself back... microsoft was one of the first to give up information on the users to government... it makes me wonder...   i felt that they were prying into our computers when i first began using windows 10.... it is one of the worst windows out there.... i am going to use another operating system.... this is junk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In case you have missed something... There are two overriding factors concerning the design of Windows 10. One is the continuing goal of making technology accessible to more people and the other is eradication of the multi-billion dollar security issues that exist today.

Perhaps you simply did not believe the many announcements stating that Microsoft was ushering in a new way of working or getting things done, with Windows 10. Your, "We had it this way before!" remark is presuming that we should continue on the same path that has put us in the mess we have today.

The latest rendition of In-Place Upgrade is the new tool available for Windows 10 deployment. It is perfectly reasonable that this tool be used for presenting new and upgraded features in Windows as a Service. It is also reasonable to think this tool will evolve over the years or that there may be a completely new way of doing things in the future.

Your "I was already fully aware that apps removed in such a way would be replaced after an In-Place Upgrade." makes it somewhat puzzling as to why you consider expected behavior to be news worthy. It appears that your noted issues have only been noted by users that have done just what you have. Why do you consider it a surprise?

Tools have been provided and documented that allow for customization like you and others have done with DISM and the various PowerShell commands, while persisting the changes and surviving an In-Place Upgrade or system reset. The tools are freely downloadable for use by anyone.

Our testing has shown that Provisioning Packages are a very easy and powerful way of providing a customized and supportable Windows 10 user environment, whether that environment is wanted by a large enterprise or small family or individual user. I see it as far better to promote the use of provided tools than promoting hacks that provide only a half measure of usability, with expected issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 36,152 Applies to: