Aero in windows 10

are we going to see the glass effect (aero) fully back in windows 10?

I think one of the main reasons Windows 7 is so appealing to the users while 8/8.1 is not, is that windows 7 is just more "beautiful" and "elegant" looking. compare the curvy-bumpy buttons of windows 7 with those finely curved edges and corners ,with that simple rectangle- MS DOS style buttons of Windows 8; Aero effects in Window Vista and 7 showing everything beneath the active window in a beautifully blurred effect vs. sold effect of windows panes in windows 8; more elegant pop up of menu items in win7 and generally, more live, vivid colors in Windows 7 is just something people don't want to abandon.

is it something configurable in Windows 10?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope you're right. As far as I'm concerned battery drop is worth it. Without areo windows 10 is pointless. It was only because I thought they'd be bringing it back in windows 10 I upgraded from Windows 8 However if windows 10 is going to likewise offer nothing but the old window 98 and early XP look like Windows 8 I might as well upgrade windows 10 back to Windows 7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

As I understand it, that's why about 50% of all PCs are still running MS7... it is the best operating system Microsoft came out with.  And exactly what I did - I tried MS10  out for one day and took my machine to the Geek Squad and had it restored to MS 7.  Have no idea why a corporation so large could make such boneheaded decisions, unless there are other "drivers" currently in charge who could care less what the market wants and have other priorities.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Problem is, Windows 10 doesn't even offer the old Win98, nor XP look. If it did, for me, that would be fantastic! I'll take the Classic look of Win98 over Win8.x/10's POS look ANY day.
Trees, sawdust in it's raw form.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

I guess there's no accounting for taste. If that's what you like! I don't, and neither do quite a few others here, and from what I've seen at the retail stores! Win10 machines are staying on the shelves in droves! Why is it I can go to a store that has virtually the same machine with Win7 Pro and another with Win10, even though the Win7 machine will cost as much as $100 more, it's the one that sells?

I don't live in a FLAT world, mine is 3D! I have Windows that have GLASS in them. I can see through them. The 2D world is flat and lifeless, why anyone would want that is puzzling.

You can say "I told you so till you're blue in the face, but it won't change the fact that the combination of Win8.x/10, STILL isn't  even CLOSE to the market share of Win7, and Win8 has been out what, 3, almost 4 years? Yes, the UI leaves everything to be desired, and let's NOT talk about the adware/spyware built in!

NO version of Win10 will EVER be on one of my PC's, I don't wish to be a "forever beta tester" for Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think like MANY MANY MANY of us (and Microsoft is NOT publishing any number on this phenomena at all) - he tried it and rejected it.  That's what I did.  WE still WANT to upgrade and get on with using a new system.  But one that works for US - the consumer.

This is supposed to be a market based economy in the United States.  WE - the consumer decide what WE will buy and use.  AND, if the corporation wants to make money and be successful it delivers a product EVERYONE wants (if they are particularly clever, the come up with something everyone can't live without).....;-)))

We want aero glass put back into the operating system.... That is what this line of discussion is all about.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"We want aero glass put back into the operating system.... That is what this line of discussion is all about."

And while they're at it, the 3D SKEUMORPHIC LOOK (like 3.0 through 7 have) rather than the *HIDEOUSLY* *UGLY* 2D 1-pixel border look that 10 has.

Sinofsky's obvious mistake (8.x, "the METRO", 2D look, no aero/glass) *SHOULD* have been corrected.  

That's what *I* was hoping for in W10!

(thanks for dashing my hopes)

let's get HONEST in alt.comp.os.windows-10 on USENET, where there are NO mods

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Because I tried it from 9926 through 10240. I still have the last ISO released, if I decide that I'm feeling particularly stupid one day, I might reload it and look at the downgrade updates and go from there!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You're Welcome!

I like the small borders in Windows 10.

It's modern.

If this answers your Question, Please Click "Mark as Answer." I have experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Windows Insider Preview.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Honestly - there is that "Modern" nonsense again.  It is not modern it is UGLY.  I don't like looking at it.  Especially when I am used to this:

With an ability to change at whim whatever level of transparency I want...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are used to it, stick with it. You don't have to upgrade.
If this answers your Question, Please Click "Mark as Answer." I have experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Windows Insider Preview.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 22, 2023 Views 21,923 Applies to: