Lost activated after bad 14332

Dose any know if there are any newer Windows Insider Perview Key as old key are but use less

Due to bad failed upgrade with 14332 that cuases kind headack for my laptop after words.

I had no chosse but wipe the drive the harddrive and start over but I can't get Windows 10 reactivated

I try min diff thing and nothing works not even upgrade from older ver to 14328 which was work before 14332

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To help us help you please provide some information;
Device, make, Model CPU Speed, RAM, Free space on Hard drive, Graphics adapter, Network adapter
If not on current Build, OS and build
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I not sure why you even know this but here it is

Dell 1440, Intel Pentium T4200 2GHz, 4GB Ram, Sandisk 256GB SSD with Intel 7260HMW Wireless Network + Bluetooth adapter.

I have all ready made bug report about EVENT_TRACING_FATAL_ERROR which seem be very commmon problem with 14332 on feedback hub.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi...if your system was 'Activated' before it should activate now as long as you use your MS account the same as before which you use to log into Windows...but sometimes you have to wait a bit untill the servers kick-n maybe...

Make sure you restart computer sometimes...check to see if there is a message

'Verify your Account'    in 'Settings'> Accounts.

*john

mine...I'm out-of date.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That just it trbogt it will not re-activated but I give it a few day

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 day nothing happing end up scrap Windows 10

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dose any know if there are any newer Windows Insider Perview Key as old key are use less

Due to bad failed upgrade with 14332 that cuases kind headack for my laptop after words.

I had no chosse but wipe the drive the harddrive and start over but I can't get Windows 10 reactivated

I try min diff thing and nothing works not even upgrade from older ver to 14328 which was work before 14332

Anthony, this is the situation as I understand it. All preview versions up to the W10 release were activated with a key but at mid July 2015 (about 2 weeks before release) all that changed. In preperation for the release, the keys were withdrawn and activation of new installations of 10240 onwards depended on upgrading from a qualifying installation of W7 or W8.1. It was also possible to upgrade the preview version of 10240 to the release version using the Media Creation Tool to create a USB drive to upgrade. After the upgrade the upgrade was activated with digital entitlement. A clean install(s) could then be done and a return made to the Insider Program if required. Apparently you did not do this.

Although the keys were withdrawn, any already activated preview version continued to be activated (until its expiry date) and any further preview upgrades continued to be activated. However I don't think it was possible to carry out a clean install without losing activation. This appears to be the situation you now find yourself in.

It is not clear if you are talking about an old computer, new computer or a laptop (old or new). To install W10 on any computer you must have previously installed an activated W7 or W8.1 or have purchased W10. To transfer an OS from an old computer to a new one it must be a retail (not OEM) version which has been first deactivated from the old computer before being installed on the new one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Laptop I have is a Dell 1440 (which come with Vista) that has been on the Windows 10 Insider Perview from day one as of Nov 2014 and I been update every ver just that this latest builder 14332 total trash the system harddrive to point where I had wipe the drive clean in order to reinstall Win 10 which should have auto re-download the digital entitlement after all I was sign up as Insider and nothing has change which we all told I long as we stayed sign up as Insider we get keep get to using rigth ? as that what Gabe Aul said a long time go, if that not the case MS lied to US and Win 10 is now cripper pile of junk nagware screen I'm not going waste any more of my time as I all ready install diff OS.

I know all about the old W10 keys that where withdrawn gee I been doing beta test for well over 20 years every sense Win95.

I know about the retail full, retail upgrade ver oem version stuff.

Just be clear I have two system on the Windows 10 Insider Perview my Laptop (sign up Nov 2014) and My Game system (sign up March, 2015 I think) which is on it own drive for dual booting with Win 7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Vista cannot be used to upgrade to W10 so I put it to you that all your previews may have been activated but did not have digital entitlement. That can only be achieved by upgrading to the release version.

Gabe Aul did not lie. You get to stay in the Insider preview system as long as you continue to upgrade to successive versions. Unfortunately, you broke the chain by formatting the drive. One way of continueing would have been to reinstall a disc image backup of a previous activated preview version.

I suggest you make a disc image backup of every system partition on the laptop and game system in case disaster strikes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi...what Anthony is saying about activation I totally agree...the system should be activated because 14332 was installed on the same machine and he is still an Insider...I'm wondering if this 14332 is not worthy of a 'Clean install' for some reason...this could happen to anyone then.

Going back to August 2015 I did two 'Clean installs' of the then RTM 10586 {still available} on two new hard drives on my main computer which had never seen Windows 10 and both installs 'Activated' and still are.

So if things have changed with activation it still should not have affected us 'Insiders' to the point of not been able to use Windows 10 anymore and with no help from M$...or explanation as to why or what can be done...because this is not an isolated case....anyways...

There are now Two Windows 10 Preview Builds 14295 and 14332.

Keep on experimenting.*john

mine...I'm out-of date.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was your main computer activated with digital entitlement?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 291 Applies to: