Issues Dual booting Windows 10 with Linux

Hi everyone.

Is there any way I can dual-boot my PC(working with Windows10) with Linux?

The Live USB that worked on W8.1 doesn't work anymore, sow I can't use that way. It couldn't find my USB, and also couldn't start from it, but I have the right things selected from how it needs to start up (sorry, my English isn't sow good)

Once, It sayd I need to even use my W8 installation disc (who I can't find :/ ) to repair W10, when I tried to do it.

What's going wrong? Error in W10?

I use the W10 build 9841(if the problem is solved with upgrading, please tell me)

Original Title: Dual boot W10 with a other system problem

Answer
Answer

Hi All,

In a Dual-Boot Scenario, Windows Technical Preview must be installed on the second or third partition of the Hard Drive, since it is the newer operating system. Regardless, of what partition you installed Windows Technical Preview on, it will take the C:\ Drive Name and rename the original C:\ partition, a different name within Windows Technical Preview.

Then, when installing on the first partition, you will lose the ability to dual-boot.

Adding:

In a Dual-Boot Scenario, Windows 10 Technical Preview must be installed on a partition, other than the first partition. It can indeed be installed on a partition before a partition with an existing operating system partition. I use Drive C: before installing Windows 10 Technical Preview to Hold My Documents Folder and the Boot information for the Hard Drive itself.

Now, to access the older operating systems, just select Other Existing Operating Systems at boot and the system will reboot and take you to the other operating system. Just make sure to select the correct operating system.

Morton Lee Cohen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Marielle,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The issue is to dual boot Windows 10 with Linux, I suggest you to post your query on Linux forums as they will be in better position to address this issue.

http://www.linux.com/community/forums

For dual boot with Windows please refer to below link provided by Andre Da Costa.

How to dual boot the latest Windows build with previous versions of Windows

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_tp-windows_install/how-to-dual-boot-the-latest-windows-build-with/9695dfc7-1c13-4d8d-b10b-587e78c6ac36

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

"Knowledge Shared is Knowledge Squared"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 10 Applies to: