W10TP not detecting my HDMI cable to TV

Hi!

I have installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview onto my laptop.

When I'm at home I often connect my laptop to my TV to expand my workspace, however when I plug in my HDMI cable into my laptop, W10TP doesn't detect that I have done so, it does not offer any display options for the TV, No sound options either, when I go into Display settings, and click Detect, it doesn't detect anything.

Am I missing something? Do I need to change an option somewhere?

Answer
Answer
I fixed this last night by installing the Intel HD Display drivers for Win 8.1.  It then allowed me to select "Sony TV" as an audio output option.

73 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I suggest you to download the build 10130 ISO and burn it to a disk or USB stick. If you don't have many programs installed, a clean install might be a good choice. You may also check the manufacturer’s website for updated versions of the drivers. Alternatively, you may also try to install the latest version of the driver in compatibility mode to check the status.

Windows 10 build 10130 ISO Files now available: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-build-10130-iso-files-now-available/0e475232-091b-4e68-a0f5-a3657941b114

Keep us informed to help you further.

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 124,037 Applies to: